Ross Bridge


If you are visiting Australia and wish to marry in this truly beautiful country, you are very welcome to do so.

You don’t need to be a resident of Australia to marry here, and your marriage will be legally recognised in your country (please check with your own government agency to be certain).

You will need to be able to read (English ) or arrange to have an accredited interpreter to help interpret for you.

The same conditions for marriage apply to visitors as for Australian residents; that is, you must be marriageable (a person who is both unmarried and over 18 years of age).

You must lodge your NOIM with me a minimum of one month before the date of your wedding.

You can lodge the NOIM with me by post or scanned on email from overseas, as long as you both sign this NOIM in the presence of an authorised person. If you do sign the NOIM outside Australia, you must bring the original NOIM for me to see before the ceremony.

A NOIM signed outside Australia must be signed in the presence of one of the following:

  • an Australian Diplomatic Officer;
  • an Australian Consular Officer;
  • a notary public;
  • an employee of the Commonwealth authorised under para 3(c) of the Consular Fees Act 1955;
  • an employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorised under para 3(d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955.

Non citizens marrying in au